Wednesday, March 23, 2011

This is such an exciting time in our lives. We (my husband and I) are about to embark on an amazing journey. One that leads us to India. The place of my birth, the home of my blood relatives and the destination of our daughter.

I was adopted from Calcutta, India as a very young infant. Weighing only a few pounds at birth and fighting against all odds, I survived. I was adopted by wonderful loving parents who have given me so many opportunities and a blessed full life. I have always felt that I was given a gift. A second chance at life. For so long I wondered how I could ever repay my debt. Why me? Why was I chosen? How did I get so lucky to have been raised in America, provided with shelter, clothes, food, an education. One of the reasons why was so I could embark on this journey. In a few days I will return to India for the first time to bring home our daughter. Our sweet, precious girl who is a survivor. She was born premature and weighed only three pounds. As I have gone through her adoption process I have also reflected on what mine must have been like for my parents. I have discovered a great sense of gratitude and humbleness. I have also discovered strength, faith, and love.

We have such a wonderful support group of family and friends. We want to share this journey with you as you have encouraged us and prayed for us throughout this process.
As my mind swirls with to do lists, shopping lists, packing lists and my other 20 lists scattered throughout my house I have to stop and smile. I am about to experience a life changing event and I have so many wonderful friends to share this with. I want to thank all of you for your love and support.

Stay tuned for travel updates! India is so close I can almost smell the curry and see the sea of beautiful saris and hear the symphony of horns and chaos that is India.....so I've been told.

11 comments:

  1. I'm SO happy you have started a blog and I can't wait to follow your updates on this journey. SUCH an amazing adventure and I feel privileged to be praying for you guys through it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohooo! So glad you decided to blog this amazing journey! Your perspective is so unique and valuable. I will be soaking up every word you write. And I feel so lucky to be able to spend some time with you and your hubby in India! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazingly special journey this is for your family! I absolutely cannot wait to see your little girl in your arms, and hear all about her personality, and your sense of India, and your adventures...Huge amounts of love and light are being sent your way! Hugs and bon voyage, Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO happy you started this blog Brie! What a great way to share your journey with those who love and support you.
    Much love and prayers are being sent your way!
    Blessings upon you, A. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so very excited for you all! What an amazing time for you all! I can't wait to hear all about your trip and finally meet your new precious bundle of joy! Love and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, I am glad to be following you on your blog! What an amazing legacy of love you are passing on, Brie! I am so excited for you to be united with your sweet daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stumbled upon this and I am so glad you decided to blog the journey, Brie!

    So looking forward to hearing your story unfold!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was just thinking about you and praying for you yesterday and wondering when you were going to be going. I can't wait to hear of the adventures and growth that you will both experience on this amazing journey! Our prayers are with your family of 4!! We love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you are deciding to blog and this will be something wonderful to share with your daughter one day!! What a great blessing that you will be gettin your daughter soon
    Looking forward to following along. Gidget:) Home with Maiya Reela for 10 months.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY!! I am so excited that you decided to do a blog for the remainder of your journey. You have such an amazing story and I can't wait to see how the rest of your story unfolds. Your baby girl will be in your arms in a matter of weeks. I am so EXCITED to see that first picture of her in your arms.

    Safe travels to you,

    April :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy to have found your blog! We just brought home our daughter from southern India in August. It's the trip of a lifetime...so wonderful. Reading your story brings tears to my eyes!!! I am excited to follow your journey!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete