Monday, April 11, 2011

Where am I?

Our first full day with our new daughter has been incredible. We are getting to know one another. Yesterday she was quite tense and unsure. I can only imagine what she is feeling. I am sure she is wondering where am I? For 14 months she has lived at the orphanage. She has not been exposed to the outside world, crowds of people, air conditioning and such. She has always been surrounded by other babies and has been on a structured routine. We have created chaos in her world and have changed everything she has known as safe into uncertainty. She has moments of timidness but she has also warmed our hearts with her smile and soothed our souls with her infectious laugh. Its so amazing to watch her with wonder as she plays with her ladybug and teethes on her elephant. New textures, sights, sounds, routines her world has been transformed. I hope the grief of relinquishing her past does not linger but I hope we can fill her life with comfort, love and joy.

On a side note our other daughter is having so much fun spending time with cousins, friends, aunts/uncles and grandparents. She walked in the Pear Blossom 1 mile route with some good friends! We miss her greatly but as you can tell from theese pics, she hasn't skipped a beat.


4 comments:

  1. Brie, we would love to see you!! I'm not sure you'll get this in time, but if you do, we are at Justa The Residence in New Delhi, Room 305, R-53 Greater Kailash 1. The phone number is 011-46602121 I hope we get to see you, if even for a few minutes!! Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your girls are adorable. I can't wait to see and hear about them together.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Their confusion during those first few days is difficult to watch -- and it's amazing to see how such vulnerable little people put their trust in us so quickly. I'm with Julie -- I can't wait to see the sisters together!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Mike and Brie!! You are now not only emotionally a family of 4, but physically as well...the pieces just haven't all come together yet, but when they do that will be such a special day! We think of you often and will be praying for you tonight in our homegroup! We cannot wait to see you all and meet Tanya! Mary was right I think she looks like Mike too! We love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete